[CTSim-Users] Fedora Core 4.

  • Subject: [CTSim-Users] Fedora Core 4.
  • From: ummar143 at cc.umanitoba.ca (Dan Martin)
  • Date: Wed Jan 18 14:06:06 2006

I'm new to using Linux as a development platform - in fact I recently
installed Fedora Core 4 with the idea of having a fresh platform,
dependencies controlled by yum, to install ctsim and get it running.
Autoconf is something completely new to me, so I hope there is not too
much tweaking involved of the files used to create the makefiles.

How did you get ctsim running on FC4?

I used yum to install / update the following packages
fftw.i386 2.1.5-8
gcc.i386 4.0.2-8.fc4
lam.i386 7.1.1-7.FC4
libpng.i386 1.2.8-2
perl.i386 5.8.6-22
readline.i386 5.0-3
wxGTK.i386 2.4.2-12 (GTK2)
zlib.i386 1.2.2.2-5.fc4

I downloaded ctsim-4.4.2 and ran configure, no options. I ran make from
the root folder in the source tree, and setup.h could not be found. I
discovered setup.h in
/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-2.4/wx/
and copied it to
/usr/include/wx/

Then there was an error because __WXGTK__ was undefined.
setup.h contained the statements
#define __WXGTK12__ 1
#define __WXGTK20__ 1
so I added
#define __WXGTK__ 1

This allowed compilation to ctsim.o and docs.o, but there were errors
compiling views.cpp
views.cpp: In member function ?virtual void PhantomFileView::OnDraw(wxDC*)?:
views.cpp:2432: error: variable ?SGPDriver driver? has initializer but
incomplete type
views.cpp:2433: error: variable ?SGP sgp? has initializer but incomplete
type
views.cpp:2435: error: ?C_RED? was not declared in this scope
views.cpp:2436: error: ?const class Phantom? has no member named ?show?
etc

I have a feeling that this has to do with a missing header file or a
fussy GCC 4 compiler not seeing part of the header.
Has anyone encountered similar problems?

--
  -Dan

Dr. Dan Martin

GP Hospital Practitioner